Career Strategies for Librarians
- Chamberlain, Clint, and Jill Emery. "Mind Your Manners: Don't Be That Librarian or Vendor
Representative." (May 2010)
- Ennis, Lisa A. "Oh, the Things I’ve Learned! Navigating the Labyrinth of Library Personalities."
- Garber, Gina. "Making the Leap from Paraprofessional to Professional in an Academic Library."
- Groves, Deana. "Office Politics: Advancing from Staff to Faculty within the Same Library." (Mar
- Guthrie, Ana. "Shifting: Ways to Cope When You’re the Only Minority in Your Department." (Sept
- Hodge, Megan. "The Introvert's Guide to Networking." (Dec 2012)
- Krygier, Sarah. "Top Ten Ways to Burn Your Bridges in Library Land." (May 2006)
- Matthews, Michael. "Your First Year on the Tenure Track: Temperamental Advice for Junior Faculty
in Toxic Work Environments." (Oct 2005)
- Millet, Michelle S. “Libraries Have Cliques Too! Understanding Interpersonal Relationships in
Libraries.” (Feb 2004)
- Nikolova, Milena Ivanova. "Love It! Developing Psychological Skills to Become a Better Librarian."
- Pressley, Lauren. "Workplace Communication." (Mar 2006)
- Shontz, Priscilla. "Dealing with Difficult Supervisors." (Mar 2002)
- Shontz, Priscilla. "An Ideal Job Candidate: What Do Library Employers Want?" (Apr 2012)
- Silver, Samantha. "Can’t We All Just Get Along?: Bridging Generation Gaps in Libraries." (Mar
- Williams, Christina. “Interpersonal Skills in the Virtual Reference Service Environment.” (June
- Woodruff, Laura. "Becoming a People Person: Social Growing Pains of a Visiting Assistant
University Librarian." (Jan 2007)
- Zimmerman, Devin. "Mindfulness for Librarians." (Mar 2005)